Thursday 3 May 2012

You are what you eat...

Hey there Beautifuls

This was a popular post last time I did it and I haven't posted a health post in a while so I thought I'd do another 'You are what you eat' post with what I've been eating recently and the benefits of those foods to the body and mind.

Strawberries -  What with the little stint of unusually great weather we had in March we've had a lovely harvest of strawberries recently, Sweet and juicy I'm loving them right now! Health wise Strawberries contain fiber which are good for digestion and they're known to curb hunger whilst being very low in calories.  They also contain anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories (great for osteoarthritis, asthma and athersclerosis) which do the same job as Aspirin or Ibuprofen but without the nasty side-effects of drugs :D


Weetabix - Yup I've been back on the weetabix recently! Tastes a bit like cardboard but definitely fills you up in the morning and the milk adds to your daily calcium intake.  Now the most obvious benefit of weetabix is of course keeping your digestive system and your bowels healthy and regular...Yup i'm talking regular pooping! lol A high in fiber diet is great for constipation and nobyd wants to be constipated right? Now I think I'll stop saying Constipated...


Olives - Hmm now just to clarify, I absolutely hate olives! I can't really stand the taste or the smell of them but because they're so good for you I've been trying to stomach atleast one or two a day.  Olives date back some 8,000 years where the olive tree was a symbol of peace and harmony.  Olives are rich in Vitamin E, Copper and Iron and are also an excellent source of fibre! (you're thinking constipation again right?)  They contain healthy monounsaturated fats which are great for preventing Heart Disease, Colon cancer, preventing the damage and inflammation of the cells and reducing the severity of Asthma and Osteoarthritis.


Chicken - I eat lots of chicken, boil it, roast it, grill it, fry it doesn't really matter I just love it! Chicken is high in lean protein which is great for growth and developement and good for those trying to lose weight.  Chicken also contains phosphorus which is good for yer teeth and bones and helps the functioning of yer kidneys, liver and central nervous system.

 Now obviously all foods should be consumed in moderation (eating fried chicken all day isn't going to be good for ya!) and always consult your GP or health care professional before undertaking any dietary changes.  This post is just a little insight into what I like to eat now and then and what benefits those foods have for the body.

Thanks for reading and welcome to all the new followers :D, Please leave me your lovely comments and let me know what food your really enjoying lately.  Oh and I'm a bit late on ther twitter scene but I'm now on it! yay for me! :D please add me! @EsJay848

Until Next time, tweet tweet

Ciao for now

xoxox

15 comments:

  1. Hey lovely! great post :) i love your sense of humor and the chickens haha. im with u on hating olives though urghh! dont know how you do it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks hun, I hate the taste! It's sort of toxic but if it's good for yer bowels eh!?

      Delete
  2. Hmm feelin abit constipated after all that

    Lmao

    Yaaayyy for moorgi!

    Never liked olives until few years back wen uni mates got it as part of shared starter. Loved the mix! Oh & recently my folks got fresh olives from deli counter at Asda I think with loads of other bits - feta cheese, caramelised onion, sweet pepper bits, sundried tomato (lush!).. It was so yummy, uv gotta try it out! Fair few varieties of olives mixed in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in Nandos*

      Fab post btw :-D xx

      Delete
    2. You're such a doughnut! lol hmm I've tried those deli counter olives and still can't do it! Bleurgh! Maybe if I keep eating them long enough I'll grow to like em? Paha!

      One more time...CONSTIPATION! lol

      xoxox

      Delete
  3. New follower! I found you on the blog hop!

    XO,
    Gina
    http://bsgsg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there lovely! Always great to meet new followers! Thanks so much!

      xoxox

      Delete
  4. i love all of them deliciousness! so healthy

    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks so much Hun and thanks for commenting! The Strawberries look scrummy! :D

      xoxox

      Delete
  5. Awesome info!!! Love it!

    Following you from the blog hop!

    www.DailyDoseofHandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! and thanks for following! :D

      xoxox

      Delete
  6. I just can't eat olives. Don't know why. I always pick them out when they are on pizza. Strawberries I love love love and can eat buckets of them (with ice cream ha)

    Found your awesome blog through blog-hop, following you now. Visit my blog if you'd like too :

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks so much for your lovely comment! :D

      xoxox

      Delete
  7. Great post. I should take some of your advise on board :)

    ReplyDelete