Tuesday 15 July 2014

The base factor...

Recent base related discoveries from Max Factor which left me pleasantly surprised.

When shopping for the perfect base product for my wedding day I automatically ventured towards the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk and Dior Forever skin options thinking that the more I paid the more flawless my face would look but surprisingly Max Factor did bring it when it came to a healthy glowey yet highly covered mug shot! 

The whipped cream foundation is exactly what it says on the jar, a whipped moussey cream which blends like a dream into the skin and looks flawless, can be used with a Real Techniques blending brush but looks equally as good just blended with fingers.
The Pan Stick however I feel needs the warmth of the fingers to achieve that good skin day look as it is much more of a solid oily formula.

On those days when I'm feeling really adventurous I'll use a combination of both to create an almost perfect base.  A light wash of  the Whipped Cream buffed into the skin with a few swipes of the Pan Stick under the eye bags and around the nose.

Who else has been pleasantly surprised by the highstreet offerings in the base department?

No comments:

Post a Comment