Saturday 18 February 2012

Favourite Lip Balms

Hey there beautifuls,

This is going to be a quick round up of my favourite lip balms.

Now I have quite an extensive collection of lip related things (balms, sticks, butters, glosses etc...) so this was actually quite difficult for me to round up but I thought there's no point reiterating my love for carmex and vaseline because we all know they're great.

These are three of my favourite more exotic shall we say lip balms...



So, as you can see I have the Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 in the flavour Mango, the Sanctuary lip balm and the Body Shop Guarana Lip Butter.

I think the Guarana lip butter must have been limited edition because I haven't seen it in store or online for quite a while.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 - This stuff is amazing, it's lightly mango scented but has no colour or tint to it. Comes in quite a thick solid consistency and feels like silk on the lips. Lasts a fair few hours even after eating and drinking and leaves my lips feeling soft and smooth and crackle-ness free! :D I do find this quite rich and thick so I tend to use this on 'dryer' days and mostly at night before bed. Priced at £9.50 its definitely a step up from yer vaseline and carmex but it's totally worth it in my opinion and I'm quite tempted to try the pear flavour....(yes I have a bit of an obsession *angel face*) can be found at department store Kiehl's stands such as House of Fraser and John Lewis and online HERE


Sanctuary Lip Balm - This Balm is passion fruit scented and leaves a gorgeous silky sheen to the lips.  It claims to also have menthol oil which tingles on application but I have to say I've never really noticed that much.  This has a vaseline like colouring and consistency and leaves you with a buttery feeling which lasts up to 2-3 hours I'd say.  Now I've been on the sanctuary website and they are sold out and I've been on the boots website and they claim they no longer stock this item but I have seen this in my local boots in the sanctuary section so maybe give that aisle a browse if you're looking for this.  I think this is priced around the £5-£7 mark so slightly cheaper than the Kiehl's one but just as good I'd say.



Body shop Guarana Lip Butter - Now this particular 'flavour' you can no longer get from the Body Shop but they have quite a wide ranger of different 'flavours' that you can try (Mango, Lemon, Coconut and Grapefruit just to name a few, they also have a new Chocolate flavoured one which is gorgeous!).  This just happens to be my favourite.  I can't describe the scent except to say if I knew what Guarana smelt like or tasted like then this would probably be it. The Body shop don't often get their scents too far off the mark.  This comes quite thick and solid in the pot but melts at skin temperature and applies like a butter should leaving a glossy sheen.  It lasts about 2 hours before you need to touch up but mine tends not to last too long because I'm always licking it off! (it tastes yummy).  All Body Shop lip butters are priced at £4 so totally worth it and apart from the stores can be found online HERE

Sorry about the state of my grubby pot, you can tell this is well loved!



What are your lip-related recommendation be it a balm, stick or gloss? I'd love to know :D And please follow my blog if you like what you read.

Ciao for now World

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. Kiehl's balm sound gorgeous, I love anything mango!

    Lately I've really been Lovin' the Figs & Rouge balm from one of the Feelunique boxes. It feels quite similar to Vaseline (I hate Vaseline) I use it before and by morning my lips feel so soft. I cant stand the scent tho (Geranium) but I'll defo be ordering more in another flavour.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've tried the Figs and Rouge Rose scented balm which was gorgeous but if I had to pick an all time favourite it would be the Kiehl's one, it's so silky and buttery and eliminates all dryness and cracked flaky skin

      Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete