Friday 3 February 2012

Lush review...Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

Howdy beautifuls!

Just a quick post to review another Lush product (becoming a bit of an obsession i know but I think you girls will agree it's a good obsession!). 

I was sitting having coffee with some friends a couple of months ago and mentioned that I'd never tried the Lush fresh face masks before (SHOCK HORROR! Me!? a self confessed Lush addict!) Well naturally I made it my mission to get testing one asap and a friend was even kind enough to give me one to trial.  So for the past 4 weeks or so I've been trying the Brazened Honey face mask and here're my impressions...

First of all I expected it to either look or smell or even somewhat resemble honey but it doesn't.  It's a grainy yellow consistency with a bit of an odd smell.


Lush Blurb...
'It’s hard to stick to all the rules. Eight hours sleep a night, two litres of water a day, plenty of exercise, five fruit and veg etc. This mask is for when you have overdone things and let the rules slide. A detox to get tired and dull skin back to being radiant and glowing.

Helen researched ayurvedic detoxing ingredients and has combined them here with some of our other favourite ingredients, because she wanted a mask that was stimulating, but balanced by calming kind ingredients.

Sage, Juniper and rosemary infusions, ground cardamon and clove bud oil for their antiseptic qualities.
Eggs, honey and almond oil to soothe, soften and moisturise the skin.
Fresh fennel, fresh ginger root, fresh parsley and fresh coriander to detox, and stimulate - and their enzymes will help break down dead skin cells.

Fresh lime juice cleans and degreases. Ground almond shells act as a stimulating scrub to lift away dead grey skin. Finally kaolin and talc absorb grease and give a lovely texture to hold all those ingredients onto the skin.

Together they make a mask that will wake up tired, neglected skin.'


The ground almond shells can sometimes get a bit too abrasive for my sensitive skin but I only used this mask 2-3 times a week which also meant that by the expiry date I still had loads left over.  They also recommend keeping this in the fridge but I've kept mine in the bathroom which stays relatively cool anyway and that works fine.

Although it is a bit of a strange sort of madicinal/incense/citrusy kind of smell (some of you are going to be thinking what the hell are you talking about but hey-ho, it's just my opinion) I didnt find it over powering or offensive in any way.

Now for the results? It definitely is calming on the skin, I feel relieved and my skin feels revived after using this mask.  I'm left with cleaner, clearer skin.  What I tend to do is wet the skin and apply the mask, when it's dry I know it's time to wash it off so then I take a bit more water and scrub my skin to exfoliate before washing off. Job Done!

Anybody got any fresh face mask recommendations for me?  Please leave me comments and follow if you like what you read :D

Thanks for checking in

Ciao for now world

xoxox

13 comments:

  1. A Lush store just opened in my city, and I am so excited! I just went inside and it smelled so good. I haven't bought anything yet so I am just looking around the internet for recommendations. I feel that I will be one of the Lush-obsessed soon enough. Maybe you want to do a post about your favorite Lush products? Like a list? There are so many of them I simply cannot choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'd love to do that for you Lush virgins out there, I remember my first time in a lush store, it smelt amazing but it was all very overwhelming. Thanks for your comment, I'm actually just taking pictures for a huge lush haul at the moment so dont forget to follow my blog for an update when that post is out and I'll also do like a top 10 of my fave Lush products if that's what you'd like? I have a bit of an obsession with Lush and I'm not afraid to let you guys in on it! :D

      xoxox

      Delete
    2. Ha, I guess I am a "Lush virgin", yeah :D thanks - I will be waiting for the post! :)

      Delete
  2. <3 brazened honey face mask! <3
    Have never experienced a product which gives such a radiant glow to my skin, iv raved about this particular mask to many peeps! Happy uv tried it out :-D Lush workers have given a word of warning to people with sensitive skin, as some have experienced breakouts.. But its definitely worth a try for most. Know wat ya mean about the smell.. Very gingery mixed with tumeric? Oh yeah a tip for any leftover fresh face mask product after expiration date is to use it as a foot scrub :-)

    Iv tried lettuce & bb seaweed fresh face masks too and they're both great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Love lettuce & bb seaweed

    For a brilliant face mask that last a bit longer than fresh face masks (about 3 months) give mask of magnaminty a try.. Deeply cleanses and exfoliates, its an all-in-one face mask :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the great suggestions. I've heard the mask of magnaminty is more for oilier skin and mine is very dry, do you think it would still suit me?

      Delete
    2. oh and thanks for commenting! Keep checking in for more Lush related posts coming very soon! :D

      xoxox

      Delete
  4. No probs :-)
    Hmm although it's great for combi to oily skin, as its meant to be great for balancing, but im sure anyone can use it.. Its perfect for a once in a while deep facial? But if u have try skin its probably a good idea to put a serum on before the mask?
    Its very scrubby, hopefully wont dry out ur skin if u massage it in gently..
    Get urself a tester to try it out :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lush :) great post. Definitely agree you should do a top ten all time favourite lush products or something along those lines. would definitely be a hit. My all time fav is the butter ball :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! I'm yet to find someone who doesnt love lush and if i ever do they'll get a stern talking to! lol Lush is amazing!

      and....I'm currently in the process of doing a top ten lush post as we speak :D

      xoxox

      Delete
  6. Great review! I'm using that mask at the moment and I agree the almond shells are a bit harsh on my sensitive skin, so I've just got to be gentle. But I think the mask smells beautiful! And it does leave my skin feeling and looking very clean :) I'd tried lots of their face masks:

    Brazened honey
    Cosmetic Warrior
    Cupcake
    Catastrophe Cosmetic
    Love Lettuce

    If you have sensitive skin and find exfoliating masks too harsh, go for catastrophe cosmetic as it's super gentle for all skin types and works especially well with dullness and redness, it's my favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Hun, Thanks so much for the suggestion, I'll be picking that up very soon, anything thats good for my dry sensitive skin and also brightening for my complexion in this dull horrible weather can't be bad right? :D

      xoxox

      Delete
  7. Using that mask too right now, absolutely love it! Fab review x

    ReplyDelete