As 2014 has well and truly said it's farewells I thought I would wish all those reading this post a wonderful year to come. Without sounding too sentimentally soppy I woke looking back on the past 365 days and realised I've experienced some of my most happiest moments in 2014. Starting the year in Egypt with my amazing parents before coming home to get engaged to my lovely husband before planning my entire wedding and eventually getting married all in the same year.
I felt blessed beyond belief seeing in the new year with both my own family and my new extended family and I couldn't help thinking about what the future could possibly hold but here's what I hope to achieve for myself in 2015...
- I hope to do more of what makes me happy, I realise that sometimes I can become so caught up in trying to make everybody happy that I forget to take a step back and breathe so although seeing those I love around me happy ultimately makes me very happy it does consume a lot of my energy.
- I am going to add in a total cliche here and say I'm going to aim to go to the gym atleast 3 times a week. Not only to lose weight but to get fit again, Since getting married I've become a bit of a slob and I refuse to do it any longer!
- As a side note to the above statement I aim to do more activities. I realise that going to the gym can be a bit monotonous and grim so I aim to try and mix it up as and where I can with swimming, climbing, long walks and generally just learning to enjoy life!
- I've come to realise I have a real interest in photography and videography in the previous months and I hope that 2015 will be the year I get to seriously have a play with making videos and building a portfolio I can be proud of.
- I think this year will also mark the beginning of many travels to far away lands and both I and my husband are building up quite the list of places we want to visit before we settle down with a family so here's to hopefully travelling new lands and meeting new people.
- And finally the most cliched but obvious one of all is just to spend more time with those that I love and that make me happy, I hope to spend more time with my parents as I miss them so much more since getting married and moving away. I hope to spend more time with my gorgeous niece and extended nephew and enjoy watching them grow into amazing little people and I hope to see much more of my wonderful, loyal, childhood friend ( If you're reading this...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) I just want to say I love you and I miss you and I hope to spend lots more fun times with you in 2015! And last but not least I hope to make many more wonderful memories together with my husband who I grow to love more and more each day...
And that concludes but cheesy sop-fest guys, it's only taken me the best part of 5 hours, a share size bag of Doritos and lots of Hannah Maggs videos in between to finish this post but for some reason I'm really feeling the whole 'New Year Cheese' this year and would love to hear all your Hopes and dreams for the following 365 days...
Comment down below and let me know what you hope 2015 will hold for you...?