Saturday 3 March 2012

Febbie Faves...

Howdy doody folks?

As we have well and truly kissed goodbye to February, it's time for Febbie Favourites!

Now these are just going to be things I'm loving right now that I havent previously raved about already (nope no more E45 and Volume Million Lashes gushing...you all get the idea I love those all throughout the year).

I recently finished my E45 and thought, I'll wait a while and finish one of my many accumulated moisturisers before re-purchasing so I've been loving my Body Shop Mango body butter.  It's specially formulated for very dry skin and has a very thick consistency. I've been using this on my face for those stubborn dry patches at night, on my footsies to get them nice and prepped for spring and summer and anywhere I've needed it really.  It has a bit of a mango yoghurt sort of smell which I love and the smell lingers on the skin for a good few hours.
I've given my Photoready a rest for the past few weeks as my skin has been in pretty good nick and I've been using a sheer wash of clinique's supermoisture foundation, It's a lightweight yet kind of thick foundation with buildable coverage and leaves your skin with a dewy finish (think photoready but lighter).  It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, in fact I hardly even notice it when I'm wearing it.
I've also given my elf black cream liner a rest and been using a pencil liner smudged on the top lash-line and top and bottom water-lines for a bit of a more smokey look than a solid cat-eye.  The one I happen to be using at the mo is Revlon's grow luscious in 001 Onyx, It stays put for  fair few hours but will fade on the water-line after about 4-5 hours and will smudge a little if you have oily lids but to be fair I kinda like that lived in smudgy liner look.


For my lips I've pretty much just been using balms and tints, not really a lipstick or a lipgloss sorta girl unless I'm wearing a full face of makeup but the past few weeks have been minimal makeup weeks so I've just been using my Body Shop sweet lemon lip butter sometimes with a bit of Sleek pout polish in powder pink over the top.


For the lids I've been using my Sleek limited edition eyeshadow pallette from the Avoir La Peche collection, it has some lovely spring appropriate colours, great pigmentation for the price and a lovely mix of matte and shimmery shades with a few smokey colours thrown in for good measure.


Those are really the only 'new' products I've been using last month, I'm still loving my Mac paintpot in Rubenesque and my Look Beauty blush in Rosy.

What have been your February Faves? Please leave me comments and don't forget to click the follow button for more beauty and health related posts :D

Until next time...

Ciao for now!

13 comments:

  1. I know you've already read my Febbie faves but if I had to chose three to tell you from my list it would be: Benefit Hervana blush, Butter London Nail Lacquer in Knackered and Rimmels Wake Me Up Foundation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My faves would be Urban Decay Sin e/s, MAC MSF Soft & Gentle (I know I'm like a broken record but its so nice isnt it! lol), Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina Oil, Leonor Greyl Regenerescence Naturelle, Davines Moisturising balm (used as conditioner) and MAC Creme Cup.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the body shop body butters, they are the best ones I've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with the Body Shop body butters! Nothing really moisturizes my dry skin like they do!
    My Febbie Faves:
    Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Monte Carlo
    Maybelline Baby Lips in Fruit Punch
    St Ives Triple Coconut Body Wash

    xo
    LJ

    jonesyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with the body shop's body butters too! definitely love the mango, but I always go for the cocoa butter scent.

    xo alicia
    http://www.aliciadoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried a Body Shop lip butter! I love citrus scents and tastes though so I must check out the sweet lemon lip one xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mango body butter, I use it myself just because it smells edible lol, cute blog you have here I've followed, please check mine out and follow back if you'd like

    www.dressmecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Body Shop butters are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love body butters from bodyshop! Those are amazing!

    Kisses Anne
    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely checking out the sleek limited edition collection!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, I like the sound of the foundation - I'm after a new one at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the review i'll definetely try the revlon one for a nice smudged look, i never get to do that with my all too black eyepensil

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaaah so cool,

    www.hidinginwonderland.blogspot.com
    lynds xxx

    ReplyDelete