Saturday 14 January 2012

E.L.F. Cosmetics

Howdy Strangers, Thought I'd do a quick review for you all, seeing as i havent blogged in a few days (naughty naughty)

I've tried quite a few things from elf cosmetics (eyes, lips, face) and I have to say I've never been disappointed.  I know they say you get what you pay for but that doesnt apply to elf products because you dont pay much at all but you get a LOT in my opinion.  They have two main price ranges, their normal line in which everything costs £1.50 and their Studio or professional line in which most things cost £3.50.  Great company for makeup newbies and young girls on a budget because their stuff is actually really really good yet doesnt cost much so its great for experimenting with colour and technique without the fear of ruining your £26 Estee Lauder lipstick

Now elf aren't sold in stores so the only way to order is online which means an extra postage and packaging fee but they often have free shipping codes on their facebook fanpage along with great competitions and regular sales.  Check out their facebook fanpage HERE and 'Like' for amazing deals...go on, you know you want to...

My recommendations from elf include:

Elf Natural Radiance Blusher - £1.50.  Great range of colours, great price tag.  They add the perfect amount of colour to the face and can be left quite light and natural or built up for a more night time appropriate look

Elf Studio Cream Eyeliner - £3.50.  Great colours and easy to work with.  I was totally converted from my liquid eyeliner with this so much so I had to have every colour.  Does anybody else have the same problem? Once you've tried something and know it works be it makeup, clothes or shoes...you just have to have every colour? Even if the Teal Cream eyeliner will just never get used and it'll probably sit in your makeup collection for years catching dust, you just have to have it because the black, midnight and brown ones were amazing? I hope it's not just me! hehe.  It comes with a little brush which is good for beginners with little to no tools however I prefer using my elf angled liner brush with this product

Studio Matte Lip colours - £3.50.  Love the natural colour range and the sleek packaging.  They great for on the go and wont break the bank....well nothing from elf will really!  I love the matte lip colour look and feel the glossy wet look lip is a bit outdated right now.  Matte lips look a bit more sophisticated you could say, just my opinion but wet glossy lips was ok for when I was 14 but 10 years on...im ditching the gloss for a more 'grown up' look.  To avoid drying of the lips bung on a bit of vaseline (or your equivelent) 5 minutes before applying



Well these are just a few picks for now, I'm sure it's not the first elf review you've read and i'm dead certain it wont be the last but I'm a new blogger and what do new bloggers do? we review good cheap makeup for other new bloggers! haha

Thanks for checking in and please do 'Follow' and 'Comment' coz it really makes my day!
Any elf recommendations for me to try from any of you lovely people?

Ciao for now World

xoxox

11 comments:

  1. Love the look of the blushers!
    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous for the price, I would definitely recommend them!

      Thanks for checking in!

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. Also I have awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award. Check out my blog for details!
    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks my lovely! It's an honour! Thanks for checking back in!

      XoxoX

      Delete
  3. Love this post! :-D yay Elf! Studio matte lip colours look great, may have to put them on the list next time.. Only used my studio cream eyeliner once.. Eek, need to practise I think! I will try to make the effort this week :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister & I quite like the eyeshadow quads we got from Elf :-) & lurrve the kabuki brush! So softt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the e/s quads but I think those will be on my next list, thanks for checking in!

      XoxoX

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried anything from Elf yet, but your picks looks good.
    I'm your new follower! Please follow back on mine. Thanks in advance!
    http://purejeanius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Love your post, just to let you know I too have awarded you the Kreative Blogger Award! :-D
    Check out my blog for details on what you need to do now xx
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i recomend elf , its cheap and good , well from what i expirienced :)

    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete